Make a good fork a great fork.
Introducing the Luftkappe air piston kit for Rockshox Pike, Yari and Lyrik Solo Air forks.
Taking everything we learned with the Corset air sleeves, the Luftkappe is a new air piston assembly for Rockshox's current generation Solo Air Pike, Yari and Lyrik forks. User installable and simple to set up, the Luftkappe transforms a good fork into a great fork.
- Coil-like feel
- Larger negative air chamber
- Lower initial spring rate
- Increased sensitivity
- Improved mid stroke support & control
- Superior bump compliance and traction
- Reduced hand fatigue
- Reduces required compression damping
- Retains Bottomless Token compatibility
- Optional 10mm shaft clamps available for self-install
Prefer us to install it? We have options for you.
1. Can I install it myself?
Yes, provided you have access to the supplies and tools listed in the installation instructions above.
2. Does it work with DPA forks?
3. Does it work with the Boxxer?
4. Does it work with older Lyriks (Mission Control/Motion Control)?
5. How does it actually work?
It enlarges the negative air chamber to reduce the initial spring rate. This lets you run higher air pressure for more support in the middle and end of the stroke with improved sensitivity in the start of the stroke.
6. Does it work with MRP's Ramp Control cartridge?
We are working with MRP to ascertain this. We have so far verified that the two are compatible in certain configurations of fork, but not in others.
7. Shouldn't I just buy a new fork instead?
Sure, they're about the same price as the Luftkappe.
8. What parts does it actually replace in the air spring?
It replaces only the plastic piston itself, and the foam topout bumper is removed but not replaced. You reuse your air shaft and seal head, as well as the piston bolt. The kit includes new seals for everything you may want to replace on that assembly (piston dynamic seals, piston bolt o-ring, dynamic shaft o-ring, seal head outer o-ring).